AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam is the most basic AWS certification exam for individuals to demonstrate an overall understanding of AWS Cloud.
This is the first AWS related certification exam I took, and I studied for a total of 3 months, with “serious studying” occurring in the last 2 weeks of it.
AWS recommends that candidates come in with at least 6 months of experience with AWS Cloud, and to have a basic understanding of IT services before taking this exam.
Ready to get started? Check out our Intro to AWS for Newbies eBook!
Cloud Practitioner Exam: Content Breakdown
Domain 1: Cloud Concepts (28%)
- Define the AWS Cloud and its value proposition
- Identify aspects of AWS Cloud economics
- List the different cloud architecture design principles
Domain 2: Security (24%)
- Define the AWS Shared Responsibility model
- Define AWS Cloud security and compliance concepts
- Identify AWS access management capabilities
- Identify resources for security support
Domain 3: Technology (36%)
- Define methods of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
- Define the AWS global infrastructure
- Identify the core AWS services
- Identify resources for technology support
Domain 4: Billing and Pricing (12%)
- Compare and contrast the various pricing models for AWS
- Recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing
- Identify resources available for billing support
Below, I have listed some resources I’ve utilized in my studying for the certification exam. The most important and useful study method for me was to create this website.
Secondary to that, I got most of my information from A Cloud Guru and the AWS official website. The most useful exam prep was the sample exam on A Cloud Guru and the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2018 Practice Questions from Amazon Kindle.
Introduction to AWS/Cloud Computing
- Intro to AWS for Newbies eBook (AWS Newbies)
- Intro to AWS for Newbies Newsletter Course (AWS Newbies)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Course (A Cloud Guru)
- AWS Certification Prep (AWS)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials Course (AWS)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2018 Practice Questions (Amazon Kindle)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Practice Exams – 2018 (Udemy)
- Cost: $100 (USD)
- Length: 90 minutes
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
(Source: Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam)