AWS CloudTrail is a service that tracks user activity and API usage, enabling governance, compliance, operational auditing, and risk auditing of your AWS infrastructure. The service helps to simplify auditing compliance and troubleshooting.
You can review the logs using CloudTrail Event History. You can also set it up to deliver reports to S3 buckets, and optionally report to CloudWatch Logs and Events for even more robust monitoring of your AWS resources.
CloudTrail Basic Functionalities
- Log, continuously monitor, and retain account activity
- Provide event history of account activity
- Simplify compliance audits
- Help discover and troubleshoot security and operational issues
- Provide visibility into user and resource activities
- Track and automatically respond to security threats
- AWS CloudTrail (AWS)